Dr. Steven Gundry discusses his new book The Energy Paradox with Dr. Joseph Mercola. They also review some simple strategies to improve your energy levels and combat fatigue, such as time-restricted eating, lectin reduction, and EMF avoidance.
Summary and Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola:
- One of the most effective ways to optimize your energy and combat fatigue is to implement time-restricted eating (TRE), as it improves your mitochondrial health and metabolic flexibility
- TRE is a form of intermittent fasting in which you restrict all of your food intake to a certain number of consecutive hours each day. Keeping your eating to a window of six to eight hours a day is an achievable goal for most people
- Your food intake, which impacts the circadian rhythm of your gut microbiome, and other circadian rhythms are intricately connected, and the more you can realign these circadian rhythms, the better your whole body will function, including your mitochondria
- You also need to remove dietary and lifestyle factors that cause the energy depletion in the first place. Electromagnetic field exposure is one environmental factor. Leaky gut,caused by lectins in your diet, is another factor that needs to be addressed
- When food particles are able to cross your gut lining, they cause chronic inflammation that requires a lot of energy to combat, thus causing fatigue and general malaise