written by Dr. Valerie Donaldson
September 23, 2021
Using John Hopkins statistics, as of September 22th in the US,
- 543 million doses of vaccines have been given
- 182 million people are fully vaccinated
- 55% of the population is fully vaccinated
- 67% of the population has either natural immunity or is fully vaccinated
- Pennsylvania is 57% vaccinated.
Looking at Worldometer’s maps, both the number of cases and number of deaths from Covid-19 have more than doubled compared to last year at this time and are up to ¾ of last winter’s cases and deaths. Why? At this juncture, vaccines alone are not eradicating Covid.
Compare US curves to India’s number of Covid-19 cases and deaths below. Since Delta hit in May, India’s Covid-19 cases and deaths have continually decreased. Why? Vaccinations started in January 2021. To date, 790 million doses have been given. 196 million people have been fully vaccinated, or 20% of the country. Ivermectin was given to people starting mid May at the peak of Delta variant cases after which the curve dramatically decreased and continues to decrease.
Is it time we look at Ivermectin or other repurposed medications to help fight the battle along side vaccines?
Evidence for Ivermectin in Vaccinated and Unvaccinated for Treatment and Prophylactic Use
Since 2012 numerous in-vitro (in the lab) and in-vivo, (clinically in humans) began to report highly potent anti-viral effects of Ivermectin against a diverse array of viruses including SAR-CoV-2. Increasing anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating effects are also being identified.
FLCCC Comprehensive review, ‘Totality of the Evidence supporting Ivermectin was published in the American Journal of Therapeutics April 2021. Data received on Ivermectin’s efficacy for Covid from a diverse array of scientific sources including randomized controlled trials were summarized below on August 29, 2021:
“ • IN-VITRO (in the lab): Ivermectin has been shown to inhibit the replication of many viruses, including West-Nile, Zika, Dengue, Influenza, and most recently SARS-CoV-2 [1,2,3,4,5,6,7]**
- IN-VIVO: Ivermectin diminishes viral load and protects against organ damage in animal models of SARS-CoV-2 infection and has multiple, potent anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties (1, 2,3)
- IN-SILICO: numerous computer modeling studies have found ivermectin to have one of the highest binding affinities to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein
- PHARMACOLOGIC: unparalleled safety profile over decades, prior WHO guidelines report side effects are “primarily minor and transient” and experts have found severe adverse events to be “unequivocally and exceedingly rare.” Further, the IC-50 against SARS-CoV2 in lung and adipose tissue easily achieved with standard dosing (Caly/Wagstaff personal communication)
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS/EXPERIENCE: numerous cases series, most notably one published from the Dominican Republic in June 2020 where over 3,000 consecutive patients presented to the ER, were treated with ivermectin, and only 16 were hospitalized and only 1 died. Also, innumerable doctors from multiple countries around the world report observing consistent clinical responses in treated patients with few treatment failures. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/dominican-republic/
- OBSERVATIONAL CONTROLLED TRIALS (OCT): As of August 8, 2021, the results from 31 OCT’s including over 6,800 patients find that treatment with ivermectin reduces time to recovery, rates of hospitalization, and mortality, the latter finding best reported in the sophisticated propensity-matched study of Rajter et al. published in the major medical journal Chest.
- META-ANALYSES OF RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIALS (RCT): 27 RCT’s including over 3,400 patientshave been completed. Meta-analyses find that ivermectin reduces time to viral clearance, hastens recovery, and reduces mortality.
- OBSERVATIONAL AND RANDOMIZED TRIALS IN THE PREVENTION OF COVID-19: A series of 13 RCT’s and OCT’s consistently find that single or repeated ivermectin use strongly reduces the risk of contracting COVID-19, with an average level of protection of 86% with higher levels of protection found amongst the trials with more frequent dosing [1,2,3,4,5,6,7(Table 2), 8,9,10,11,12].**
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC: ivermectin distribution campaigns in Peru led to far lower COVID-19 case fatality rates in those regions with widespread use. Further, large “test and treat” programs conducted by increasing numbers of Health Ministries report up to 75% reductions in the need for hospitalization (Mexico City) and massive reductions in mortality (Misiones, Argentina and La Pampas, Argentina). The reports most relevant to public health officials are from the national and regional health ministries that employed either distribution or “test and treat” programs with ivermectin:
- Mexico City – The IMSSS Health Agency compared over 50,000 patients treated early with ivermectin to over 70,000 not treated and found up to a 75% reduction in need for hospitalization
- Peru – A nationwide mass-distribution program called “Mega-Operación Tayta” (MOT), initiated at various times across 25 states of Peru in May 2020, led to a 74% drop in regional excess deaths within a month, with each drop beginning 11 days after each MOT region’s varied start times
- La Pampas, Argentina – Health Ministry compared over 2,000 patients treated early with ivermectin to over 12,000 without treatment and found a 40% reduction in hospitalization and 35% less ICU or death in older patients
- La Misiones, Argentina – Health Ministry just analyzed the first 800 of 4,000 ivermectin treated patients and compared to the rest of the population over the same time period, they found a 75% reduction in need for hospital and an 88% reduction in death.
Finally, in both “long-haul” COVID and post-vaccine syndromes, ivermectin is proving to be highly effective at eliminating symptoms based on the rapidly accumulating clinical experiences of the FLCCC and a number of allied experts that co-developed the I-RECOVER protocol, centered around the use of ivermectin in these syndromes.
CONCLUSION: Based on the totality of the existing evidence above, the FLCCC strongly recommends ivermectin be used in both the prevention and treatment of all phases of COVID-19 in both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.”*
Something to think about? or something we should do now? Can we flatten the curve faster and for good? Are we killing people by not using Ivermectin in all vaccinated and unvaccinated? What do we have to lose? What do you think?
Have an Awesome Day! Dr. D
***https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/Five Day Course of Ivermectin for the treatment of Covid-19 may reduce the duration of illness Randomized controlled trial dec 2020
Reprinted with permission from Regenerative Medicine Center.